THE ROSES
| A Garden of Roses - Emily is the baby |
As I mentioned in the introduction, this website focuses on the Holzinger ancestral line; however, Uncle Will Rose (Emily and Mary Rose's brother) did a family history for their mother. Uncle Will took the family back to the 17th century in Strasbourg, Alsace, France/Germany/France, and I thought everyone would like to see his findings. I believe he discovered much of his information in the extensive Mennonite church records in Lancaster County. This is amazing pre-Internet research!
| Click on the pages for a better view |
The Roses in Safe Harbor by Mary Rose was written in the 1960s and transcribed by Milly Holzinger. Aunt Mary recounted family history, including the death of Uncle Sam Rose in the Civil War at Chancellorsville, how her parents met, her father's and grandfather's business and other family stories. Her family history is about things she witnessed or stories she was told by family members who had first-hand knowledge of events.
Comments
Post a Comment